BuildLoan is delighted to announce new improved lending criteria from The Nottingham Building Society for self build. Intermediaries can now access the following benefits for their clients:
- Up to 80% on land purchase
- Interest only now available for a maximum of 24 months
- Approved title split a condition of the offer
The following construction methods are now acceptable:
- Traditional with brick/stone walls
- Structurally Insulated Panel Systems (SIPS)
- Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF)
- Modern Steel Frame
- Oak Frame
- Modern Timber Frame
Properties can be clad in the following:
- Traditional bricks or stone
- Brick slips
- Metal (zinc, copper, steel or aluminium)
- Modern render system (cement, lime, acrylic or silicone)
Timber cladding is not acceptable.
The following roofs are acceptable:
- Pitched slate or tiles
- Flat roofs up to 25% of roof area
Nottingham does not accept roofs where more than 25% of the area is flat or sedum (living green).
Nottingham Building Society currently offers two products including a 2 year discount product with a rate of 4.39% and a fixed rate product (until 01/05/2020) with a rate of 5.19%. For more information on these products click here.